Looking For More
Unfortunately, a couple of our staff writers have had to resign due to personal issues. We at Goldgrub’s Goblin Academy wish them the best of luck. It is unfortunate to see them go, but the situation presents us with a couple of oppurtunities here at this new World of Warcraft teaching site.
We are looking for a couple more writers, as I believe 7 regular authors is the perfect number for the site. Having 7 regular writers allows us each to have a dedicated day of the week for our original posts.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for 2 regular authors (staffers) and we are also looking for guest posters. I will break down the different benefits of both as the rewards are slightly different.
As you should already know, Goldgrub’s is dedicated to serving the needs of the new World of Warcraft players, both brand new players and players new to the gold making game. We focus on making gold and efficient leveling here. All posts are writted with the new players in mind. We like to try to cover basic concepts and create guides that any player can understand regardless of how long that player has been playing WoW. So all guest post submissions and regular weekly posts are to be easier to understand and geared towards the newer players or young goblins.
2 Open Staff Positions: Goldgrub’s Faculty Weekly Writers
Currently we are posting once per week on scheduled post days. If you join the team here as a faculty member, you get the following benefits:
- A dedicated weekly posting slot. Reap the benefits of our traffic from 7 posts a week, while only contributing 1 post per week.
- A personal “About (You)” section at the bottom of each of your posts. Linking to your blog or podcast is encouraged. See mine at the bottom of this post.
- Your own personal staff page under “The Staff” tab. Again, linking to your site, podcast, or other projects is encouraged.
- Promotion (with an affiliate link) in “The Shop” of any original guides written by you. (Only authors and contributors are promoted.)
- Your main site’s inclusion into the Goldgrub’s Blogroll. The blogroll at Goldgrub’s is only for authors and site contributors.
- Potential for a co-hosting slot in the Goldgrub’s Weekly Podcast (under development currently).
- A share of site earnings, once we monetize the site in the future (T-shirts, counseling sessions, etc).
- Networking with some of the top bloggers in the World of Warcraft gold making niche.
- A chance to be a part of something special, growing from the early days with us as we help new players and young goblins.
How to Apply to Join the Staff:
Email Cold at SSmith0911 (at) live (dot) com with a sample post geared towards helping the young goblins make gold or level efficiently. Having your own established WoW blog is a bonus, but not a requirement. You don’t have to be a gold blogger. We are looking for at least 1 Leveling Specialist, someone who can write about grinding spots, quest chains, farming mobs, leveling tips, etc. Also someone who is on a roleplaying or PvP server who can incorporate those RP or PvP niches into their writing would be an excellent addition as well.
Open Writing Opportunities: Guest Posts
Guest posting works the same as any other site, but there are additional benefits for posting here at Goldgrub’s Goblin Academy. Submitting a guest post that is accepted and published will also earn your main site a slot on the Goldgrub’s Blogroll, which is only for Staff and Contributors. This is a great bonus in addition to the added exposure that you will receive from visitors to this site. The best thing about Goldgrub’s traffic is that it is catered to the newer players and most of them aren’t already reading your site. We are aiming to pull in new traffic here, not recycle the same old readers. So if you give to the site, we give back by linking you with the new community of young WoW goblins.
Guest posts will be used to help fill slots when Staff authors are unable to post (due to emergencies or resignations) and if enough are submitted, we may open up a day of the week for only featuring guest posters.
Email Cold at SSmith0911 (at) live (dot) com with your finished post geared towards helping the young goblins make gold or level efficiently. Only top quality posts will be accepted, so as with any other guest posting, always submit your best content to be featured on other site.
We look forward to the submissions and the potential to work alongside some more great bloggers, podcasters, and writers.