The Trade Chat Channel in World of Warcraft can be very confusing for a brand new WoW player. As a new player you may not be wheeling and dealing with suppliers and crafters in the trade chat channel, but you should pay the trade chat channel some attention. Later on you will learn to love the WoW trade chat channel.
The Trade Chat Channel Is Good For:
- Buying Goods -The trade chat channel is often cheaper than the Auction House prices.
- Selling Your Goods – often called Barking on Gold Blogs.
- Trading Goods for Other Goods – Scribes often are looking to trade Darkmoon Faire Cards in the trade chat channel.
- Asking Questions – You can usually get a quick correct answer, but some players will laugh at you or try to mislead you with incorrect information on purpose, so use with caution.
- Looking for Help For Quests
- Looking for Raid Groups, Dungeon Groups, and Player vs Player Groups To Join
Some Common Trade Chat Abbreviations:
- WTB – Want to Buy
- WTS – Want to Sell
- WTT - Want to Trade
- LFG – Looking for Group
- LFRaid – Looking for Raid
- LFM – Looking for More
- CD – Cooldown – Some professions have an ability that can only be used once per day or longer.
- DMF – The Darkmoon Faire – comes for 1 week per month and the location alternates between 3 locations.
WTB Truegold CD – Would mean that someones is wanting to buy the use of the cooldown used on transmuting a bar of Truegold.
LF2M Daily Heroic – Would mean a group is looking for 2 more for a daily heroic 5 man group.
Trade chat will also have some players chatting back and forth sometimes. The primary purpose of the trade chat channel is to allow for players to exchange goods and services with other players. The channel gives players a means for communicating with other players that you may not know that may be looking to sell or buy something. In order to use the trade chat channel you must be within the city limits of one of the major cities.
To talk in trade chat use the /2 command. Servers default to having channel #2 as the trade chat channel. So you would type /2 (and your message for the trade chat channel here).
Major Cities – Horde
- Thunder Bluff
- Silvermoon City
Major Cities – Alliance
Major Cities – Neutral
- Shattrath City