In my experience, there are four main P-words that all would-be millionaires need to be concious of – Patience, Preparation, Practice & of course, Professions. I thought I’d try & summarise each with notes although some notes could probably be repeated under different headings, I figured you could probably work that out for yourselves
- to read gold tips & not dive in without thinking it through – how much you have already/how much you’re willing to risk etc
- when you get undercut on a whole bunch of auctions, patience lets you cancel & relist without losing your temper
- to not post something on the AH just because you ‘must’ sell it now – if you don’t like the current prices, don’t post it!
- to make a million gold. It takes time, a lot of time. If you rush, you will make mistakes & slow yourself down
- to craft 1000′s of glyphs, cut 1000′s of gems, perform 100′s of AH scans etc – all takes patience
- start small – learn your addons abilities in small, cheap markets – if you can make profit at the bottom, you can make profit at the top end too
- Mom always said ‘practise makes perfect’ but in WoW ‘practise makes profit’
- learning any new skill takes practise – same with gold making but there are lots of little areas to continually keep learning in
- much of goldmaking is ‘rinse & repeat’ – once you’ve done it a few times (practice) it can become almost automated in your mind – a ‘gut feeling’ or ‘instinct’ if you wish to call it that
- what you learn in the beginning can be applied almost all the way through your goldmaking journey
- read everything you can find – blogs, forums, articles. Listen to some podcasts (often funny as well as informative)
- make notes – everytime you see or hear something that ‘might’ be useful in future, even if you don’t fully understand it yet, write it down!
- get everything set up to maximise time in game towards profit making – addons, snatch lists etc
- reading patch notes & blue posts on the forums to see what’s coming to change your markets
- for more advanced gold makers, stockpiling stuff for new patches (not recommended for smaller bankrolls)
- thinking ahead to which professions to put on which characters – will save gold when you find that skinning on a cloth wearer is not ideal (for you)
- get your mind set on gold making – it’s surprising how much you can make from just being aware of sales potential when you’re out questing or dungeoning
- some professions are better gold makers than others for definite but it’s all down to how you use it
- even just gathering (herbing/mining/skinning) will make you good profits whilst you level
- linked professions like Jewelcrafting/Alchemy/Enchanting will net you excellent profits at top end but cost a fortune to level – think it through.
- if your bankroll is fairly small, invest time in farming for materials for your professions – don’t give your little bit of gold to someone else just because you’re rushing !
- the more professions you have, the more complicated it becomes but the potential for greater profit is there too
I probably could add other P-words here – perseverence for example (keep on going) or potential or prioritise but that would be stretching things a bit! Just remember that there is no Perfect way to make gold in game – have fun, engage brain & see what works for you. What’s the one thing all the gold bloggers have in common? They all do things differently & in their own way!
Good luck & happy goldmaking